Sunday, September 13, 2009

inspiring the next generation...

My twin nieces, Brooke and Kaitlyn, turned 8 at the beginning of August. They had started scrapbooking about 6 months ago so I thought it would be fun to take them to a REAL scrapbooking store and crop with them. They thought it was a great idea so I took them to TSF (of course!) for an afternoon and gave them each some $$ to spend. I took my supplies along but didn't end up getting anything done. It was so entertaining for me to watch them do their layouts and to see what their style was. Katie likes lots of angles with her photos, the colour pink and loves to add lots of stickers, bling, ribbon etc. Brooke is much more into straight lines and a 'less is more' approach and she likes lots of blue. After a couple hours they had done 7 layouts between them and were pretty pleased with results. I had a good laugh when Brooke told me that her favourite part was shopping in the store, just like her aunt!!
It was so fun to spend an afternoon sharing something I enjoy so much with two girls I love so much.
Can't wait for the next time!

No comments: