Monday, June 21, 2010

layout challenge on the TSF forum

There are all kinds of challenges posted on the Two Scrapbook Friends forum. There is loads of inspiration to get your mojo flowing. As my term as a design team member comes to an end I have one more challenge to share with you: use animals in your layout. Whether it's the paper, the photo or embellishments add something furry to your creation. I sat at my desk last night and played with some Basic Grey Max & Whiskers I picked up weeks ago. I love this line! The colours and prints are so cool and work for way more than just your pet layouts. One thing I really love working with that BG brings out with every line now are the paper ribbon doilies. They are self -adhesive patterned paper tapes that add so much impact to your projects. On my layout the yellow strip and piece above the jounalling block are both doilies. LOVE THEM!
I cut the design at the top left out of the patterned paper using a kraft knife and the little dogs were hand cut and pop dotted. If you look closely you can see the leaves on the flower are cut from dog bone paper (thanks for the idea Kelly Goree!)

Jounalling reads: whenever we go to the beach Josie is the first one into the water. You didn't really understand why she was in the water at all and kept pointing at her as if to say 'What is she doing here?'

It has been a wonderful year being part of the TSF design team. I'll still be involved doing lots of layouts around the store and I can't wait to see what the new team comes up with!

4 comments:

Avril Tanner said...

Such a sweet layout! I love this line of paper!

Joanne said...

Gorgeous! I love this layout:)

Deanna said...

Gorgeous girl... I love it!

Bondcsze said...

Gorgeous girl... I love it!