Thursday, September 1, 2011

September Reveal

Happy September!!

For this month's kit I received a mixed bag of travel papers. I was a bit stumped as to how I was going to pull it together and they sat on my desk for a while before inspiration hit. I combined the kit with odds and ends from my stash and ended up completing 3 layouts from my California trip.





This layout is about the historical Chateau Marmont. It's the hotel where all the celebs past and present (think Lindsay Lohan lol) hang out. I don't typically use 'theme' stickers but they were in my stash and fit with the layout.




Every beach you go to in California has the most amazing piers. The Santa Monica pier is probably one of the most famous. I love these little canvas banners from Maya Road!






I love that I can add words right on to my pics now! I found these little bits in my stash too.




This is probably my fave this time around. The soft colours make me wish I was back there! I made the fishing net out of hemp twine I had in my 'junk' drawer. I added some shells and dew drops to make it feel beachy.




I am so glad I brought the shells back from Venice Beach, they made great embellishments!




Be sure to check out what all the ladies did over in the TSF gallery and I hope you had a wonderful summer!


5 comments:

Joanne said...

Beautiful designs Shelby! I especially love your fish net!
Joanne xo

Sharon said...

Love how you made all this work! Great details like the shells, net, stickers!

mn36 said...

Love all your little details, especially your homemade fish net.
and the journalling on the Hotel page is great.

Deanna said...

Love it all Shelby, the net is so kewl!

Avril Tanner said...

Oh.. love the fish net idea for the venice beach layout! All the layouts are just gorgeous!