Monday, January 14, 2013

Wood has become a very hot trend in scrapbooking. Almost all manufactuers have released woodgrain papers and wooden embellishments have become very popular too. Studio Calico has released a ton of awesome little wooden embellies in everything from snowflakes to cameras to typewriters (and I have snatched them all up!). I find I use a lot of wood in my scrapbooking, more than I realized until I started looking through my layouts so this week let me see some wood on your layout or card. For this challenge woodgrain paper DOES NOT count. I want to see the real thing!

Here is my latest layout incorporating wood:
On this layout I used wooden alphas from Pink Paislee, Flags from Little Yellow Bicycle and the boats are from Studio Calico which gives you an example of how many companies have jumped on the 'wood'wagon!



Here are a few little snippets from other layouts I have used wood on:
Love these little clothespins and they are only .15 cents each at TSF!
 
 
Even something small, like a wood button, can add some texture to your projects.
 
I hope you will play along this week and if your stash is lacking in the wood dept I know where you can get some great embellishments ;)

6 comments:

Avril Tanner said...

Love all the layouts! You go Girl!

Louise said...

Love those. I have some cameras. Making a card as I type... LOL Great LO

Joanne said...

Great challenge Shelby and I love all your wooden pieces!
Joanne xo

Kim said...

I love the wooden embellishments. My husband builds kitchens and furniture. And with my boys. These ideas are fun

Deb said...

Great job with your "change". You look great, I'm sure you feel great, and you are inspiration.
I love the layout and would post it by the treadmill.

Deanna said...

Great layout Shelby!
I love wood!