Sunday, December 15, 2013

Let it snow...

So anyone in my area knows that it is snowing like mad outside so I thought I would share with you a layout I created when I was away a couple of weeks ago.


I am really in LOVE with these jillibean placemats. They are a lot of fun to work with and come in several different designs. I knew I wanted to use the circle one as soon as I saw this collection from Bazzill called 'Nordic Pines'
 I cut circles from various papers to fit behind the placemat. I strategically placed my title so I could use one of the circles as my 'o' in snow. I used glitter cardstock from Best Creation in white and red. This is THE BEST glitter cardstock as it has been treated so the glitter doesn't come off. It also cuts like butter on the Silhouette Cameo, just use the glitter cardstock setting and adjust your blade depth accordingly. Do you see how tiny and intricate the 'let it' part of my title is???
AWESOME machine!
 I love me some twine so I added 3 coordinating colours around my photo and tucked an acrylic snowflake underneath. I used up some wood veneer snowflakes and trees from my ever-growing hoard of wood embellishments. I also used some itty bitty maya road tickets and one Tim Holtz ticket, they complimented my colour scheme and hey, they are just cute!
When I was happy with my design I backed it with black cardstock to pop all the red.
This collection is so fun to work with and I adore the black, kraft, red combo. I cannot wait to take more snowy pics and play some more!!

4 comments:

Laureen said...

Beautiful layout! Love it all! The ticket really worked out good on here! Amazing colours that we never thought will fit for Christmas.... Adding black is so popular now!

Kelly Codd Greatrex said...

LOVE LOVE LOVE!! It's simply gorgeous Shelby!

Tracey said...

The placement looks fabulous on here!! Gorgeous layout Shelby!!

Lori S. said...

Gorgeous! Gorgeous! Gorgeous! Enough said :)