Sunday, September 12, 2010

Such a good day...

I spent this past Saturday at the anniversary crop for Two Scrapbook Friends. Such a wonderful way to spend the day. I worked away on some more store samples because the collections just keep coming in and frankly I can't wait to get my hands on them! I started out the day working on Jillibean Soup which I absolutely love.

Hooray for the return of corrugated alphas! 5 colours!

(you're not seeing things, that IS journalling. The sprouts lend themselves perfectly to a few words and dates. I like layering them round over scallop with a pop dot in between)

This time there's corrugated buttons, stars, flowers and other shapes! WOOHOO!!

The baker's twine comes in lots of colours and adds a bit more interest.

Can you believe how perfect this pic is for this Monster Stew collection? My friend Darcy's daughter Oceane is so adorable even with a face full of Crayola. The title is what 'O' said to Darcy when she was discovered. Graph papers make it super easy to stitch and I hand cut the monsters.

After finishing those up it was on to Crate Paper. I am a huge fan of Crate especially their chipboard as you can probably tell from this layout:

I used Glossy Accents and many colours of Stickles (thanks to Sam, Veronica and Darcy since I left all of mine at home!) to bling up the snowmen etc.

Last one of the day is from the Restoration collection. It's a very ecclectic, vintage feeling line that could be used for just about anything. I chose to scrap a pic of Holden enjoying spaghetti and asparagus. I hand cut the circle (using a bowl from the kitchen!), doilies and flowers then layered them with chipboard. The letters are from My Mind's Eye lush collection.

I had so much fun chatting and scrapping all day that I didn't want it to end. Some days I wonder if there will ever come a day that I don't want to scrap anymore and then I give my head a shake!

Thanks to everyone for a great day and I'll see you soon at the store :)

8 comments:

Avril Tanner said...

These are absolutely amazing! I can not believe how quick you get these layouts done! And they are all to die for!

Darcy said...

gorgeous!

Joanne said...

Oh Shelby! Your layouts are absolutely fabulous! I marvel at the fact that you always seem to have the most perfect photos for the colors/themes of the papers that come into the store. Thanks for joining us on Saturday and for being a part of our team. We love you!!!

Regan said...

yep...still hate you a little

Veronica said...

YES! I love the shout out!! Love all the layouts and it was nice to see you saturday. Glad we got to sit close!

shelby said...

lmao Regan. We have a love/hate thing going on don't we? I love and hate your card fabooshness.

Kelly Codd Greatrex said...

love them all! sad I missed the crop though, sounds like you gals had a fun time...

Deanna said...

Congrats girl... these layouts rock!