Friday, August 28, 2009

a little bit of scrap time...

I've managed to get a few layouts done besides the design team layouts which will be posted next week. I did a couple for my tips on doodling for the TSF blog and then one just because. My room is sort of back to normal, meaning it's organized chaos.







I started this layout at the CHA preview crop and thankfully I was able to use TSF's punches to cut out all those circles. I added faux stitching and some doodling around the circles to make them pop a bit more. This picture of my crazy kid makes me laugh!






My first wedding layout ever. I doodled the background using a Crafter's Workshop template. For the title I wanted something sheer and romantic so I cut the words out of vellum using the Cricut.




Many of you know that we had a truckload of sand dumped at the cottage this summer. It's pretty much been Wyatt's domain since then. For the title I took some cheap, mismatched chipboard letters and peeled off the surface. I then sanded and covered them with Glimmer Mist in tattered leather. I've heard raves about this stuff, have even used it (thanks Karan) and now I am the proud owner of my very first bottle. I'm sure there will be many more added to my collection in the near future.

That's all for now. Off to put on some woolies. Who knew Fall arrives in August now??



2 comments:

Tracey said...

These are fabulous projects Shelby! I think the last one is my favourite!!

Veronica said...

Love the layouts Shelby! and I know what you mean about fall coming in August - how crazy is that!!!!