Sunday, November 14, 2010

mysterious ways...

Every now and then something happens to make my spine tingle a little bit. Tonight, after a tough day, I decided to take a very long bath and finish up a book I've been reading for the last few weeks. When I got to the end, for some reason, I decided to read the acknowledgements which is something I rarely do. This is what they said at the very end ....

And thank you, always, forever, in extremis, to Heather Feather, for her love, support, friendship and positive life force....to my singing, skipping daughter Shelby, who fills our house with sunshine each and every day.
This book is for my mother....she taught me absolutely everything I know about unconditional love. Thanks, Mom.
I am not skipping or singing lately but I thought it was pretty neat to read this, today of all days.
Oh and if you didn't know...my mom's name is Heather.
Hug your mom extra tight the next time you see her.

4 comments:

Darcy said...

that is pretty freaking cool. maybe tomorrow there *will* be a skip in your step :)

Sharon said...

Thanks for that special reminder Shelby. I will do that.

Deanna said...

wow, I have goosebumps!

Shanah Martin McCready said...

Oh wow! That's amazing! Sometimes I think the people that we love find ways to send us messages. One day in January (about a month after my grandpa passed) I was driving down the highway and thought of him, wishing and praying that he would just send me a sign to let me know that he was ok. About 5 minutes later there were 3 huge rainbows in the sky!!! In January!! Luckily I had my camera and took some pictures :)