Sunday, November 14, 2010

nine years...

A Mother’s love is binding
Unrelenting in its power
The glow from it so blinding
Beyond her final hour

Even after a Mother’s gone
Her love will see you through
A love to help you carry on
Because that’s what Mother’s do
I'm sure that my mom would hate that I posted this picture for everyone to see but it's important to me because you can still see light in her eyes even as she was facing the worst moments in her life.
Here is a pic of her from her younger days. I have no idea how old she is here, probably mid teens. This picture was in rough shape but my father-in-law restored this for me and did a fantastic job.
I really wish I had more pictures of my mom and should probably keep that in mind for my boys because I am ALWAYS behind the camera.
Missing you Mom.

5 comments:

Shanah Martin McCready said...

Hugs Shelby

Darcy said...

We should go out for a drink aka. diet coke and toast her memory. Thinking about you today, Shelby. Much love.

Avril Tanner said...

Thinking about you... such a great post in memory of your mom

Joanne said...

Such a beautiful post Shelby. Sending love and hugs your way today.
Joanne xo

Deanna said...

What an amazing post Shelby, thinking of you!