Friday, February 26, 2010

design team


This month's design team kit featured all kinds of LOVE-liness from Pink Paislee. Reds, pinks and browns mixed with cool embellishments in fabulous patterns made this group loads of fun to play with!

I've seen many layouts lately that are more minimal with a little grouping up in the corner so I thought I would give one a try. Embrace the 'white' space! I made use of my new circle punches to add groupings around the photo. The title 'love' is chipboard covered in paper and then finished with Glossy Accents.

Thanks Jenny for lending me another photo!!


Here's my little devil...I mean angel. He seriously changes his mood every 3 seconds!

The kit included a fabric badge with a Valentine's message on it which didn't work with my theme but the colours DID work so I smooooshed it into a very abstract flower.
I added some Glossy Accents to the red heart and some buttons and brads from my stash.



For this layout of my friend's daughter Kate, I chose to place the die cut sheet off center and slightly off the page. I wanted to keep the focus on this adorable photo so I kept the patterns to a minimum and added a few choice embellishments. The red design is actually a transparent sticker and the heart is covered chipboard.


A simple little card using a rub on I won at the CHA crop.



Make sure to have a look at all the other talented designers' work this month over on the

6 comments:

Regan said...

waaaay awesome Shelby...your wee guy looks too cute

Joanne said...

Simply gorgeous Shelby! You always do such an amazing job!

Samantha said...

Great layouts Shelby! I always enjoy seeing your creations.

Tracey said...

Gorgeous projects Shelby! Love this line.

Carolyn Wolff said...

They are all great! You are so talented.

Deanna said...

Gorgeous Shelby!